Friday, March 28, 2008

Just a Thought...

This is a slight digression. Its simply a comment about blogging in general, but was sparked by my last post. Today I was rereading what I wrote about ratemycop.com and decided I wanted to google the site to try to find out more information, as well as more about what other bloggers thought of it. The first blog I came across was this one. First I read through what the blogger had to say and then I came to the comments section. There were about 100 comments in response to this blog posting.

Who cares who this blogger is, who cares what he has to say about this topic, I just want MY opinion published online!

...And that is the mindset of most internet users, especially those who read blogs on a regular basis. Now I'm not trying to be hypocritical...I myself fall into this category. Sometimes I comment on others' blogs to simply state my mind. To make my opinion heard. But the reality is...who reads these comments? I surely didn't make a point to read these comments when I was finished reading the post. The only reason I even looked at them was because I noticed how many there actually were, which consequently made me curious about what they were saying.

We as human beings have an innate desire to be heard. And blogs and commenting on blogs is the "2000 dot com" outlet of our thoughts. So whats next? What will be the next letter to the editor?

No comments: